Here at ADHD 360 we are committed to safety and are actively doing our part to reduce the chances of COVID-19 spreading. Whilst we employ a number of these practices anyway, we are taking extra care that all of our staff follow them.
We also want to take the chance to promote good Covid-19 health practices amongst our patient group, please consider the following:
- Acknowledge that impulsivity in an adult of child with ADHD can lead to more breaking of the social distancing rules than for someone neuro-typical, please be mindful of this and always wear a mask
- You or your child will require regular exercise, and this harder during a winter lockdown, but never the less, get outside, walk or run as safely as you can, but burn off that extra energy as much and as frequently as is safe to do so
- Pay extra attention to the social distancing rules, wear a mask and pay attention to the quality of mask you wear, at all times be safe and if needed, ask for help
- For our patients that are attending school, please ensure that school are reacquainted with your child’s ADHD, and the impulsivity, inattention that their ADHD may bring into the classroom. Whilst compliance with the rules at school is required, please ask school to not make this a punishment regime for your child if they inadvertently break the rules, they should work with you to encourage positive mental AND physical health at all times
- For children at home due to lockdown, we find there are two groups, those that ‘love it’ and are thriving off this approach to their education, and those that ‘loathe it’ and need the structure of school and the friendships that provides. Identify which describes your child and discuss this with school, they may have help available to make things better for your child, and you!
For the foreseeable future, while this global pandemic occurs, all our clinics will be run remotely through various video and calling options and our staff will be working securely and remotely. This respects their safety and also yours.
As far as possible, prescriptions will be delivered by courier to your door, we encourage you to use our partnership with the Private Pharmacy group (PPG) as much as possible, it is cost effective and safe.
For those patients without access to a safe way to take and record their blood pressure, we will provide a blood pressure machine through the post. These are the ‘wrist type’ of monitor and can be used by children and adults alike. Please note we may ask you to take a picture of the readings and submit those to us by email.
We appreciate your understanding during this time and we’re doing everything within our power to ensure that your treatment is still the number one priority and that our services run as normally as possible.
The ADHD 360 Team.